Saturday 8 March 2014

Shop Open times in Germany

If anyone has been to Germany for longer than a week on holiday, or has had any experiencing of living and working there. They will more than likely be completely with me on how much of a joke Germany's Retail hours are. I cannot believe in this day and age - an age where we are a world eager to shop and spend and have access to what we want, when we want - that Germany still continues to have shop opening times of 8am-8pm Monday til Saturday. With Sunday a national day of everywhere being shut. 




I mean come on, it is bad enough in the UK the super market closing at 5pm on a Sunday, but even then I can pop down to a petrol station if I fancy a little nibble. 
Germany has got it all wrong when it comes to this, even Monday til Saturday I have to do my shopping before 8pm. I finish work, do my shop, get home cook my tea, then realise, oh I forgot to buy such and such. But oh no, by this time its 7.45pm and I can't get to the shop on time to pick up anything else I need. Surely Germany updating their retail operating hours to that of most of the rest of Europe will have nothing but positive effects on their economy. I just don't get it me, and even after over a year of living there. It still frustrates me and there is no getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment