Tuesday 11 March 2014

Nightlife in Newcastle

Nightlife in the north of England is by far the best in the country. I think its because us northerners are much more wild and weird. Now Manchester and Liverpool both offer amazing nights out. But I tell you now. Nothing gets better than a weekend out in Newcastle. Since leaving Uni one of my best friends has moved to Newcastle with his girlfriend as he landed himself a top job there. Since then the rest of us Uni group have made several visits for some mental reunion nights out. These nights out don't get any better than when its boys only. This way we don't get held back by our female companions who can't drink half of what we can. Also, we can get a little bit silly and have a cheeky flirt with the older generation.

Now one thing I've noticed the most in Newcastle, is that every nightout we've had, we always end up bumping into a hen do, and they generally consist of the whole family. The most wild of these groups is usually good old Gran. She may be pushing on 60 but she definitely still knows how to party and she likes taking advantage of us young boys. What's even better is each hen do do a fancy dress theme and even Gran goes all out in a Naughty Navy outfit or of the such.

These Geordie Lasses are so much fun. They really know how to party. They sure as hell give us young men a run for our money, even Gran who states she could do the splits on our face! Incredible! The crazy grannies aside, (who also offer us the irresistible go of motor boating), the booze is so cheap in Newcastle. I think you can in some places buy a quadruple vodka mixer for around £3 or £4. Cannot go much wrong there. Also typical northerners, everyone is just so friendly. There is noone who you can't have a laugh with be it by the bar or just walking down the street.

Apart from University nights out, I would definitely say Newcastle has been my best night outs within the UK and I'm always eager to know when our next gathering is. Even though me and the boys are dotted all over the UK and me now abroad, we all still agree to make Newcastle our party city of choice. All I can say is bring on April 18th. I'll be seeing you Newcastle Nans.





No comments:

Post a Comment